Thread: Rise Against

Default Rise Against

Rise Against are putting out a new album July 15th called The Black Market. Is anyone going to check it out? I hope it's better than Endgame

I'm excited for the new album, and yes, I will check it out.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

I must admit, I didn't really care for "Appeal to Reason" or "Endgame". I love the other albums, though, including the recent b-sides comp! I'm cautiously optimistic toward "The Black Market" since I like the music I've heard in each teaser video.

I'm still a big fan of their first 3 albums and I like The Sufferer & the Witness but after that I kinda lost interest. I will of course listen to the new one though.

The new single has been posted

Bah, a bit mediocre if you ask me, but some songs are quite nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

Meh. I kinda liked Endgame at first, but now I can't remember a single thing from it. I'm on my first listen through the new album now, and I doubt there will be a second listen for me. I have no feelings whatsoever about these songs. Maybe it's a grower, but even with growers there's at least something that grabs my attention on the first listen, but there's nothing like that here. That said, I wasn't expecting anything, so I can't say I'm disappointed. Loved this band during The Sufferer era, but I don't really care about them anymore.

I have said this before, and I'll say it again, as it's what bothers me with this album as well: the production sucks. Everything sounds too polished, too perfect, as if it's not actual human beings that are making the music.

Quote Originally Posted by dff_punk View Post
    Bah, a bit mediocre if you ask me, but some songs are quite nice.
    I agree too bad