Thread: The Punk Police Podcast #02 - Steve Soto from The Adolescents

Default The Punk Police Podcast #02 - Steve Soto from The Adolescents

As some of you guys know, some of the people that were doing the BBS Podcast are now in a new project called The Punk Police Podcast, episode #1 was with Jack Grisham from T.S.O.L., now we're proud to announce that episode #2 is out and our guest is the one and only Steve Soto from The Adolescents.

Check it out: http://punkpolicepodcast.tumblr.com/...lves-quite-the

Tumblr: http://punkpolicepodcast.tumblr.com/
    Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Punkpolice

Good interview guys keep up the good work

First things first: Sweet potatos!

On a more serious note:

This episode is quite entertaining, Carson does a good job moderating, Gustavos questions are always stricly on topic and well informed. The Chief didn't contribute much more than the verdict, I guess, but it's okay. Maybe I just forgot about some of his lines.

It seemed shorter than the last one. It wasn't as funny as with Jack Grisham, but Steve Soto isn't as charismatic. There was some noise during the verdict, I don't know the origin, at first I thought it was holding-back-laughter in the background. Maybe the Chief just moved something near his microphone or whatever.

So you are still trusting Wikipedia, are you? Bad mistake! I do as well, I have to admit.

Why is he not punk? I thought you're just inviting people for a good time and then more or less tell them that they're still punk. He was a bit pretentious, but still. I didn't expect you to take it that seriously. I mean, c'mon, punk police? I expected it to be a fun time thing with info about upcoming albums for publicity and support for former-punks-now-punk-legends.

As a follower of this podcast I accept the verdict, but well...
    Do you think you‘d sell your soul
    To just have one thing to turn out right?

Thanks for your feedback, Offspring-Junkie. I really appreciate it.

It actually wasn't on Wikipedia, I found that information somewhere else and didn't do much to verify it, so it's my mistake. But the other day I was talking to the guys and it's kinda become a tradition for us to have at least one information wrong in the show, right? Hahaha

Anyway, answering to your question, and speaking on my behalf and my behalf only, when we started talking about doing a punk rock related show, we mostly wanted to get useful information out of our guests, ask questions that we don't really see them answer on their regular interviews for radio, TV and whatnot. Carson suggested we also try to lean towards this satirical theme and I thought it was a great idea, my thoughts were exactly yours "I mean, c'mon, punk police?," that's what's fun about it -- in my opinion -- is that it makes no sense for there to be police or authorities in punk.

So, it doesn't really matter whether or not they're found punk or not punk, both of our guests have understood that so far. We actually don't really plan much when we do these things, I swear to God we don't even discuss if we should judge them punk or not before the show, we decide as we record but at the end it really doesn't mean shit... And that, my friend, is punk.

To whom it may concern, we just released our third episode, with Jeff Rosenstock.

"The Punk Police have returned with a heated interrogation of a well-known, music industry terrorist. Our trio of Punk Peacekeepers do not flinch at the thought of taking this man on. The man in question? Jeff Rosenstock. You may recognize this name from such acts as The Arrogant Sons of Bitches, and Bomb The Music Industry. Rosenstock has created quite the reputation for himself within the music industry as being the founder of the “The First Ever Donation Based Record Label”, Quote Unquote Records, which releases all of its music for free online. Some would say that this DIY method is a sure-fire way for Rosenstock to earn the title of Punk, however the Punk Police felt it was their duty to bring down a final judgement upon him. Listen to the heated interrogation to find out his sentencing!

Topics in this interrogation range from:

- Listening to Madonna
    - Trouble with airport security
    - The FCC and Net Neutrality
    - “Never Get Tired” Documentary
    - Adding as many bands as possible to the Jeff Rosenstock Wikipedia page

Song played during the interrogation:

- Jeff Rosenstock - Teenager
    - Julie Ruin - Stop Stop
    - The Bruce Lee Band - Running Out of Time"

Click here to check out the episode, or download it directly here.

Nice to see new episodes quite fast, I like it.

First: The major flaw this episode has: it's too long. Not boring, not bad, simply too long.

Moderation is very good: all three of you get to talk and you all seem confident. Adrian might come up with more lines than "I decide afterwards". All in all you were even better than last time.

No disturbing noises, all microphones were loud and clear this time.

Jeff Rosenstock: He is way more entertaining than any other guest you guys had. Grisham was still the best imho, because he was more honest and charismatic. Rosenstock was an awesome choice, indeed. He really challenged you, resulting in the enormous lenght in the episode, always talked back and even accused you of making him doing your job - a pain in the ass.

The final verdict: it's your most entertaining episode, by far better than the last one, but Grisham was still the best guest.
    Do you think you‘d sell your soul
    To just have one thing to turn out right?

I have to admit I had to type ''Jeff Rosenstock'' into Google to find out he was the singer for Bomb The Music Industry and Arrogant Sons of Bitches and even though I was not really familiar with him I still thought it was an entertaining interview

And I have enjoyed all 3 episodes but have to agree with Offspring-Junkie about Jack Grisham being the best guest so far