Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Offspring Documentary

2 members appreciate this post.

Wow, score! He has revealed some stuff over the years, but definitely doesn't sell himself as "that guy who used to play guitar with The Offspring." Then again, his stay was pretty short, though he had the important role of establishing the precedent of a second guitarist. I'd wonder how he got along with Dexter and how much chemistry they had as a group. Then there's the lesser known group members Doug and Jim.

When it comes to recordings, Marcus has already said that they've only recorded one live jam with him in the band. Though I'm curious if he knows anything about this:

This was pre-Noodles, so my guess is that it was done soon after Marcus left.

Aside from recording, I'd wonder about writing and how involved he (and the rest of the band) was.
    Night brings bad dreams
    Bad dreams and guillotines

1 members appreciate this post.

Can I say that this is a cool idea you doing this and that I'm really looking forward to seeing it

Default Will do

Thanks for the post megaman, and thank you also next person who's name I forgot once I started typing this.

Default Doug and Jim

Doug passed away and I have it been able to locate much info about him. Jim has been a little harder to track down but I am still working on it. I have been speaking with a few others who are close to the band from the beginning (manic subsidal days) but not technically band members

Default James Lilja Interview

I just spoke with James Lilja (Offsprings first drummer) for about an hour. besides being an amazing dude he provided a lot of insight into the early days of the band. He is interested in doing an interview and as I have done before here, I decided to ask if there is anything this community would like me to answer.

Wow!That's amazing! Well i would like to know what he remembers from the first rehearsal and the first live of the band. Also I would like to know if he still have any contact with the band and if he attended any show recently.
    www.theoffspring.eu unofficial european fanclub with the most completed discography and thousands of live downloads

Isti: your pic with dex and greg is just epic

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
    Wow, score! He has revealed some stuff over the years, but definitely doesn't sell himself as "that guy who used to play guitar with The Offspring." Then again, his stay was pretty short, though he had the important role of establishing the precedent of a second guitarist. I'd wonder how he got along with Dexter and how much chemistry they had as a group. Then there's the lesser known group members Doug and Jim.

When it comes to recordings, Marcus has already said that they've only recorded one live jam with him in the band. Though I'm curious if he knows anything about this:

This was pre-Noodles, so my guess is that it was done soon after Marcus left.

Aside from recording, I'd wonder about writing and how involved he (and the rest of the band) was.
    Cool thanks for posting that

It seems as tho you are very serious about this... let me know if you need anything from me.

Default thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Oxygene View Post
    It seems as tho you are very serious about this... let me know if you need anything from me.
    Yah, im very serious about this. I realize the release date is somewhat far away but that is to allow many re-edits before the final product is done. I also need to show the interviewees the result for their approval before I can actually release it.

Interesting stuff, thanks for posting! Can't wait until the release.
    My Offspring
    July 2nd, 2010 - Maryland Heights, Missouri
    July 20th, 2012 - St. Louis, Missouri

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldMark
    I used to collect old offspring bootlegs, I have them on a hard drive somewhere. Crossroads, Something to believe in, come out swinging, never gonna find me, dirty magic (electric in austrailia, and acoustic in austrailia) i definitely have.
    Mark, we're not giving up.