Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new low for this place

1 members appreciate this post.

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    Yeah it's too bad Facebook killed message boards
    Facebook killed instant messenger. Message boards are still alive and well, you just have to find a topic that enough people like to generate a lot of activity. The Offspring isn't exactly something a lot of people are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    Fuck Facebook.

Fuck Twitter.

BBS 4 lyfe.
    4 LYFE!

Fo sho my man, fo sho!

I have no idea what the band has done in the last three years, to be honest. For a while I was just coming back here because there were people I knew. Now that they have gone the way of the dodo - likely for the same reason I did - there's less reason.

Funny, I remember back in the day, I'd check the BBS at least once or twice a day. Seems far away now.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

And it feeeeeels...
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I have no idea what the band has done in the last three years, to be honest. For a while I was just coming back here because there were people I knew. Now that they have gone the way of the dodo - likely for the same reason I did - there's less reason.

Funny, I remember back in the day, I'd check the BBS at least once or twice a day. Seems far away now.
    You don't know about bumpin' in my trunk?!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Didn't see the years pass. I don't even understand the passing of time.

It all seems like yesterday to me.

This BBS had this special atmosphere I've never found anywhere else. I'd give the world to get back... somewhere between 2005 and 2010.

I'm afraid it's all over now. No use crying over spilt milk, is there?

*cries hard and long*
    Last edited by Duskygrin; 06-17-2014 at 01:19 PM.

Default i hate facebook!

I ate the fact that by the time I have a desk job and can take advantage of talking to fellow offspring enthusiasts the forum is on the decline. I am trying to be as involved as I can. I notice many of the senior members don't seem to talk to much in the forums started by the newbies, but I understand that may be due to our lack of knowledge/history on this site. in any case I prefer this to facebook anyday.

I still have fond memories of posting here until like 2-3 AM and just watching battles between invading white supremacists, terrorist groups, and offspring fans who wanted to kill green day.

good times
    "I'll die before I surrender, Tim".

Motherfucker I remember the white boards, and I'm not even close to the oldest member that still checks this place. I think Richard was there before me. I know Maria and Per were, for sure. Don't know if any of the others still check.

#embarrassed #hashtag #intothefuture
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

I had an account for the last 2 years of the white board days but I barely ever posted and I don't even remember what my username was. I think it was Nimrod86 or some kind of Green Day reference. It also might have been Butters because that was my username on the Green Day message board but I'm not sure if I used that here too. I registered because I used to go in the chat room on the website and Linda PM'd me out of the blue and told me to sign up. Looking back that's really fucking weird because I was like 11 years old and I know her story but at the time I had no clue who she was.

Weirdly, one of my most clear memories of September 11th was going in the chat room after school that day and seeing a bunch of dudes with Bad Religion and Pennywise related usernames celebrating because America deserved it.
    "I'll die before I surrender, Tim".