Thread: 6th anniversary of Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace

Default 6th anniversary of Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace

Today is the 6th anniversary of the release of Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace. Happy anniversary, Rise!
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

Happy anniversary!

Time flies... Despite how reaction might seem divided, even today, I think we have this one to thank for keeping The Offspring from fading into obscurity.
    Night brings bad dreams
    Bad dreams and guillotines

1 members appreciate this post.

whaaaaat the fuuuuck I feel like this just came out. Man, how time flies...

Quote Originally Posted by OffspringFreakess View Post
    whaaaaat the fuuuuck I feel like this just came out. Man, how time flies...
    I know, right??

1 members appreciate this post.

Yeah the only Offspring album I didn't have to pay for:D Still remember being on a bus on the way home from summer work, when my phone rang and it was Czech music TV breaking the news to me that I won a copy in their contest:) How happy I was... brilliant album anyway

Tomorrow, you wake up, and it's 20 years anniversary. I remember how we got Hammerhead, a great song and then we cried a bit about details of its video. I ignored album leaks then, bought it and made it special. It wasn't perfect, it had some problems with cohesiveness and horrible influences, but it definitely had some very high quality songs like Hammerhead, A Lot Like Me, YGGFK and Kristy.
    I drank from your hands I drank from your mouth you poured into me until I was drowned I had no breath was drunk on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskygrin View Post
    Meet HAU, the philosopher.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    Dr. Hause transcends labels. He is both human and humanity.

Time flies .... It seems only yesterday that I took the scooter and went to the store to pick up this disc.

Damn, it really does feel to me like it was just released yesterday.

I remember the antecipation and anexiety for it to come up, I must have listened to it non-stop (by non-stop I mean I would listen to no other album or band) for weeks or months back in 2008.

The Rise And Fall, Rage And Grace tour also marks the first time I ever saw the band live, the feeling of listening and seeing the band play "Stuff Is Messed Up" is something I'll most likely never forget.

I think this album is a bit underrated, I think it's better than its previous two, for example.

2 members appreciate this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Gustavo View Post
    Damn, it really does feel to me like it was just released yesterday.

I remember the antecipation and anexiety for it to come up, I must have listened to it non-stop (by non-stop I mean I would listen to no other album or band) for weeks or months back in 2008.

The Rise And Fall, Rage And Grace tour also marks the first time I ever saw the band live, the feeling of listening and seeing the band play "Stuff Is Messed Up" is something I'll most likely never forget.

I think this album is a bit underrated, I think it's better than its previous two, for example.
    I agree with it being a bit underrated I like every single song on this album in it's own way

Also I still think Takes Me Nowhere is the best song on the album and should have been the 3rd single