Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: do you think they would play random songs?

Well I think they would not play a random song.

The only time I have heard of them doing it was Chain Reaction 2008 when the crowd was chanting for Mota but unfortunately they cut Long Way Home from the setlist because of that

Greg makes the setlists, so I highly doubt they'd ever play any random songs. Greg doesn't really seem to pay attention to the crowd at shows, so I doubt he'd see sign for songs. Noodles would likely see such a sign, though, depending on the position of the person holding it.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    Greg doesn't really seem to pay attention to the crowd at shows, so I doubt he'd see sign for songs.
    That's the impression I got as well.
    Turn the lights on.

Quote Originally Posted by EarY View Post
    That's the impression I got as well.
    I'm convinced he has tunnel vision, haha. He walked right past me and I had to say hi before he realized I was there. In his defense, he was not expecting any fans to be beside the bus at that time. Two years ago, I was holding my sign for him right in front of him and it took Noodles mentioning me for him to notice it. So, if people want certain songs to be played and they make a song for it, they should try to have Noodles or Dexter see it. Even then, it's still up to Greg to play the song or not. I wish they'd play fewer Americana songs each time. Always, half or nearly half of the entire album is played. Don't get me wrong, I love those songs, but it's just too damn redundant.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    I'm convinced he has tunnel vision, haha. He walked right past me and I had to say hi before he realized I was there. In his defense, he was not expecting any fans to be beside the bus at that time. Two years ago, I was holding my sign for him right in front of him and it took Noodles mentioning me for him to notice it. So, if people want certain songs to be played and they make a song for it, they should try to have Noodles or Dexter see it. Even then, it's still up to Greg to play the song or not. I wish they'd play fewer Americana songs each time. Always, half or nearly half of the entire album is played. Don't get me wrong, I love those songs, but it's just too damn redundant.
    Yeah they play more Americana songs than anything but I am ok with it since I love all the songs on that album

When I saw them in new york this was what they said after they got done playing Smash

Noodles-Hey Dexter we should play some songs off that one album we did
    Dexter- Ignition?
    Noodles - No not that one
    Dexter - Americana?
    Noodles- Yeah! that's the one

I saw some other videos of Dexter mentioning Ignition on this tour I hope that means he wants to play it again in the future