Thread: Jim Lindberg from Pennywise on touring with The Offspring

Default Jim Lindberg from Pennywise on touring with The Offspring

Jim Lindberg recently talked about his band Pennywise doing the Summer Nationals tour with The Offspring, Bad Religion and The Vandals.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Lindberg
    We've never toured all together, but we are contemporary and have been through a lot of the same things, we have all had triumph and tragedy and experience changes and are some how all still together after 25 years. We share a similar loyal fan base and all have really loyal followings of fans who love our music. It's going to be great to tour together. And this time I'm bringing my family with me. A lot of things have changed over the years, and now we are all parents, so we are all bringing our families.
    http://tbrnews.com/pennywise-reconne...a4bcf887a.html
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

Thanks for posting that

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    Thanks for posting that
    You're welcome.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

Sounds a little bourgeois don't you think? Kidding!
    Turn the lights on.

There's definitely a fair amount of affection between the bands. I remember when Pennywise opened for the Offspring during the Shit is FUcked Up tour during their Toronto show, Dexter watched their whole set, and Jim cracked a few jokes about the band.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Yeah. I think The Offspring and Pennywise probably get along a fair bit better than Offspring & BR. Even though the tension with Brett seems to have cooled and they've all grown up and moved on, it never seemed like Greg G or Jay had much time for the Offspring dudes. But even when Fletcher's trashing The Offspring in magazines or whatever, it always seemed more like it was critiquing the major label era stuff, while still considering them buds.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    There's definitely a fair amount of affection between the bands. I remember when Pennywise opened for the Offspring during the Shit is FUcked Up tour during their Toronto show, Dexter watched their whole set, and Jim cracked a few jokes about the band.
    Noodles was also watching their set at KROQ Epicenter last year with Brooks Wackerman

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    Yeah. I think The Offspring and Pennywise probably get along a fair bit better than Offspring & BR. Even though the tension with Brett seems to have cooled and they've all grown up and moved on, it never seemed like Greg G or Jay had much time for the Offspring dudes. But even when Fletcher's trashing The Offspring in magazines or whatever, it always seemed more like it was critiquing the major label era stuff, while still considering them buds.
    Flatcher also was to their Ignition show in Alex's bar in 2012
    www.theoffspring.eu unofficial european fanclub with the most completed discography and thousands of live downloads

Isti: your pic with dex and greg is just epic

Quote Originally Posted by Greekoldfan View Post
    Flatcher also was to their Ignition show in Alex's bar in 2012
    It's true I saw him there he also went to see them play with NOFX at Ink N Iron Festival 2013

I had no idea about all the families coming with the bands on tour. It only hit me when I saw Greg's kids (who look just like them), Noodle's, Todd's and Pete's wives. No wonder the bands have been enjoying every minute of this tour because they know they are not going to be away from their families, especially during the Summer when school's out.

Good for the band, and for fans because the guys put out their best =D