Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is United State Of America Best Country ?

1. Default Is United State Of America Best Country ?

How about USA on your mind, I want to heard your best opinion for this question. Thank you

2. Default Share your opinion now

Hello.... share your great idea for simple question above

European Union is the best country in the world. Oh wait, we are not a proper country.

We need more bots like this to save the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskygrin View Post
    Meet HAU, the philosopher.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    Dr. Hause transcends labels. He is both human and humanity.

US and A, very niiiiiice, etc.

Best in what field? Surely you didn't mean "overall"?

It pretty much is, though. Small Northern-European states and places like New Zealand score higher on the individual wealth-per-person and health coverage stuff, but that's all because they have like 70 people and comparatively serious cash to go around.

You've just gotta ask immigrants, they're not trying to flock en-mass to fuckin' Iceland.

As for the political system problems, you've just gotta go back to the Churchill quote. "Democracy is the worst system, aside from all the other ones." For a nation of 300 mil, it's working about as well as human beings are ever going to let it work. Of course you're going to come off second best in individual categories to countries working with a population a tenth of California's, though.

The U.S. has still lead the last century in development & entrepreneurship, quelled a bunch of massacres around the world nobody else wanted to deal with, and donated a Godzilla-shit-load of aid they didn't have to to people they don't have anything to do with. Seems a pretty good indicator to me. The lead will close this century, but even with the rise of China probably going to financially buttfuck the U.S., they're never going to touch them in terms of how they treat their own people, or actually innovating new developments rather than back-engineering them off other nations they've stolen shit from.
    Last edited by Eskimo; 2 Days Ago at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    It pretty much is, though. Small Northern-European states and places like New Zealand score higher on the individual wealth-per-person and health coverage stuff, but that's all because they have like 70 people and comparatively serious cash to go around.
    There are a number of countries that score higher than the US in a number of areas. That includes countries like Germany, which has nearly 1/3 of the population of the US. Plus I'd be willing to say, having too many people in one country lowers its value, as it does get harder to make sure everyone's doing okay.

You've just gotta ask immigrants, they're not trying to flock en-mass to fuckin' Iceland.
    Please tell me you realize what utter nonsense this statement is? The kinds of people who immigrate to Iceland are from successful countries - because you have to be able to afford to get there. Obviously struggling poor people immigrate to countries that border their own because they don't have to buy a flight. Italy, Greece, and the former Yugo states are full of Africans.

donated a Godzilla-shit-load of aid they didn't have to to people they don't have anything to do with.
    Everything the US gets involved with affects the US. Don't be naive.

The lead will close this century, but even with the rise of China probably going to financially buttfuck the U.S., they're never going to touch them in terms of how they treat their own people, or actually innovating new developments rather than back-engineering them off other nations they've stolen shit from.
    You see, this is basically why the US falls somewhere in the middle, like everyone else. Yes, the US leads in innovation, but the people are also treated much worse than in those Euro countries. I don't see how that makes the US the best country, unless money is more important than people.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

The USA would probably be one of the best, if not the very best country to live in for the well-heeled.

But for the destitute... it may well be one of the worst.

"One of the worst"? At least qualify that with "among the top 10-15% of developed nations" if you don't want to sound retarded, and again, that's due to an enormous population and less $ per person to go around.

Llamas, that's a hard argument to make about the foreign aid. A lot of it's political, sure, but America still gives the most to little strategically-insignificant African/South Asian backwaters, too. Proportionately, too, not just the net total.

As for people in the U.S. being "treated worse than in Euro countries", that totally depends on which country. You're probably going to get higher standard-of-living scores in places like France and Germany and the U.K., though with the U.K. economy as it is I guess the austerity stuff is bringing them down. But Europe as a whole, outside of the few big-league western-european nations and the Scandinavian nations? Nah. And half of Europe still has pretty shitty ethnic-religious tensions going on even now, that make the U.S. race tension seem pretty bright & shiny.

The immigration thing is misleading, too, of course in the desperate circumstances you're going to get to wherever's closest and cheapest in an emergency. I'm talking about overall, the big picture, not just the destitute and desperate. Internationally, everyone still wants to come to the U.S. to get educated, to build and maintain a career, to live, basically. Outside of "let's get the fuck out of here or else we'll be shot in a ditch by the rabid crazy local regime", in a broader sense if you have a choice the U.S. is still where people want to be, and the numbers bear that out.
    Last edited by Eskimo; 1 Day Ago at 02:50 AM.