Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Offspring releasing new album in 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rooster View Post
    They can pretty much do whatever they want. When 311 left their major label, they formed their own label and put out an 8-song album. I'd be happy with that. Or a four-song ep, something like that. Just one or two songs here and there, though, that's not so exciting.
    Yeah, I'd be happy how The Offspring can release their own music too.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ORIGINALPUNKSTERS View Post
    Think Dexter is right: few people buy a cd nowdays, maybe hardcore fans still do it.

Go on tour often and release some new songs periodically, it's a nice move, imho.
    I'm A hardcore fan and this is offensive!

Quote Originally Posted by tmenda View Post
    It's not the band's fault that the music industry has changed so much and we shouldn't blame them for changing how they deal with those changes. It's not like Dexter said they were going to stop making music. I'll still buy their DC but I can wait until it comes out, even if it's 5 years from now.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tmenda View Post
    Think everyone in this forum is an hardcore fans, but face it: music industry has changed. And The Offspring too. Probably they don't need anymore a major company to create and publish new album in near future.

If you are an old school fans (i bought vynils and cassettes of The Offspring way before CD appears on market) maybe you don't like this change. But the important thing it's The Offspring music, and if they need a more profitable way to create new stuff, why not

I hope they don't do what Blink 182 did with their last EP and have it digital download only

I think making their music accessible both physically and digitally is the best way. It caters to the older and younger fans. Releasing a few songs digitally can keep us entertained while they take the time they need to make a full physical album.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Come on, it is Offspring. Upload good music to "napster" so it is free to downlaod/listen and then get the money from the concerts. Even if they get money from "hardcore" fans that buy physical copies it is not enough to make a living out of it.
    Besudes, What is the point of wanting a physical release if that is only going to add additional distribution cost and it makes us wait for a full CD to be recorded before we can lsiten to half of the songs.
    The only oldschool thing Offspring should focus on is the quality and power of their music.

Lets just face it, nowadays albums are not even a "must". Music labels made sence 10 years ago because they were the only way to distribute songs and make them reach to a wide public (though phisical albums), that was the point of signing with a Label, but come on, nowadays the only function of Recording labes should be to record and master the songs and maybe to advertise them, but there is no point of making them the ones in charge of distribution when we have internet, which can distribute it with a 0 cost.

True artists think in terms of expression, not in terms of albums. If you can express all you want in a song, then what is the point of having to "fill" with songs an album before you can release that song? SO it can be distributed? NO, because we have internet for that.

IMO Offspring should jsut upload the songs they record once they consider that they are ready to be listened to.

If they release it next year, then they will have shortened the time in between albums compared to Splinter and Rise and fall, and Rise and fall and Days Go By.

Looking forward to it!

As long as they don't lose money I don't see the problem they could even put limited edition CD and Vinyl on offspring.com store

Quote Originally Posted by Jhonny View Post
    Offspring seem to have acquired a lot of hype this summer during their tours.
    And that is exactly why releasing a new album asap would make sense.
    Turn the lights on.