Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Offspring releasing new album in 2015

just pissed they haven't released their modern country album yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rocklobster View Post
    just pissed they haven't released their modern country album yet.
    I might just die if that happened.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    I might just die if that happened.
    i kinda feel myself fading just thinking about it. would still be better than taylor swift's new song.

Quote Originally Posted by rocklobster View Post
    i kinda feel myself fading just thinking about it. would still be better than taylor swift's new song.
    I know one Taylor Swift song and it's because its title is the same as the name of the guy I was dating at the time. She was in an episode of C.S.I., too.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

What's all this hubbub recently over Taylor Swift? "She released a pop song!" Wasn't she always doing that though, just like...radio-country-pop? Katy Perry if she had some dude standing behind her playing a banjo?

Weird.

1 members appreciate this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    What's all this hubbub recently over Taylor Swift? "She released a pop song!" Wasn't she always doing that though, just like...radio-country-pop? Katy Perry if she had some dude standing behind her playing a banjo?

Weird.
    Yeah the only songs I heard from her were pure radio-friendly pop.

But let's switch the topic back towards the new Offspring album! Despite everything they said about the modern age of putting your songs on the internet, I hope they will release a whole album eventually at some point. I think a lot of people will agree with me that albums still have their magic, I mean, every rock band out there is still making albums and not only singles.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

Even if they just drip fed songs as they were done, then order them and give us a square picture once there is 12 or 13 out there, it'd be like a DIY album!

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dff_punk View Post
    every rock band out there is still making albums and not only singles.
    Right, but if you don't have a major label, it's a little bit different.

According to Noodles, The Offspring are in the beginning stages of new music.

We're getting some ideas together and itís been fun. But we're focusing on the anniversary of 'Smash' right now. Once this tour is over, we'll get rolling with new music. It's all been amazing to see how far the band has come along the way.
    http://www.abqjournal.com/449950/ent...nk-rock-8.html
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

Yeah, I sort of hate this new trend of just releasing a few songs here-and-there digitally. It's cool if they want to release an EP in between albums as a sort of "we want to take things slow for a while, not jump right into writing a whole new album and touring" thing, but I hope they don't go the digital route as a new model for releasing music, like in place of actual albums. I'm sure none of us mind waiting an extra year, 18 months or whatever, over whatever they had planned, for a fully-fledged 10-12 song disc.