Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: The Offspring releasing new album in 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    Yeah, I sort of hate this new trend of just releasing a few songs here-and-there digitally. It's cool if they want to release an EP in between albums as a sort of "we want to take things slow for a while, not jump right into writing a whole new album and touring" thing, but I hope they don't go the digital route as a new model for releasing music, like in place of actual albums. I'm sure none of us mind waiting an extra year, 18 months or whatever, over whatever they had planned, for a fully-fledged 10-12 song disc.
    In all honesty? I'd rather they do whatever they need to keep making good music and tour. I don't mind this model where they are on the road a lot. I think experiencing their music live is the best way to experience it. I'd rather not have long hiatuses between tours just for the sake a full record, I'd rather get songs like /0 & sp every few months, with lots of Offspring shows in between...

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Oxygene View Post
    ...I'd rather not have long hiatuses between tours just for the sake a full record, I'd rather get songs like /0 & sp every few months, with lots of Offspring shows in between...
    hallelujah!

I would prefer to see them do a summer tour every year also

Quote Originally Posted by dff_punk View Post
    I think a lot of people will agree with me that albums still have their magic
    Oh yeah, I agree with that. I know we are going to listen to the exactly same music if we download it, but still you feel you are missing something: that feeling you get when you know you are holding a real piece of art on your hands .

Exactly. It's the same reason I can't read e-books, and I miss movie/videogame magazines and all. Sure, compared to now the information's all old by the time you get it, but there's something cool about that tangible thing. I get that they'd probably release artwork/liner notes in digital pictures online and all, but it's sort of not the same.

But yeah, I don't want to seem like I'm against them doing little small releases of music or anything, that's really cool. I always loved "Defy You" even as a little single-song tide-over after Co1 and before Splinter.

I just hope it's kind of while working on an album, in their slower periods where they don't want to be full-on writing/recording/touring, rather than it being some new strategy/philosophy in-place of full-length releases.

But they're right that people don't buy albums anymore, it's the public's fault.

http://x1075lasvegas.cbslocal.com/20...x107-5s-pauly/

So there you have it the band has 3 or 4 songs done and will put out a new EP before an album I really hope for CD and vinyl it would suck if it's iTunes only

I still buy albums, I just don't listen to them because I put then in my iTunes. I'd still rather have the physical album, though. I used to love reading the little insert booklets that come with CD's.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles
    We're old-school, so when we think of recording, we think of doing a whole record. But the world is changing. Why make fans wait two years when some of the songs are going to be done in a month? Maybe it's a better idea to put those songs out and then slowly compile another album.
    https://music.yahoo.com/blogs/music-...222955833.html
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Punk Pirate View Post
    An EP in early 2015? I like this!!!
    And really hope that next new songs will be inspired from band like Bad Religion

I would like an entire album inspired in Bad Religion and Pennywise!