Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The Offspring releasing new album in 2015

just what i was hoping for. god bless.

Quote Originally Posted by ORIGINALPUNKSTERS View Post
    An EP in early 2015? I like this!!!
    And really hope that next new songs will be inspired from band like Bad Religion
    Yeah, I was hoping exactly the same thing, since they covered Bad Religion and Pennywise songs.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

Dexter said that the band is self-releasing a new single this fall.

http://www.sfexaminer.com/sanfrancis...nt?oid=2885957
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

Somehow I think "they're off Columbia now" combined with "touring with BR & Pennywise" somehow equalling "old-style Offspring again!" is going to disappoint a lot of you people. Don't expect them to tack back toward doing a whole EP/small release of all Divide By Zero/Slim Pickens type of stuff, very probably not gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Punk Pirate View Post
    Dexter said that the band is self-releasing a new single this fall.

http://www.sfexaminer.com/sanfrancis...nt?oid=2885957
    So that is good news I hope it comes out as soon as possible I'm sure it will be released via Time Bomb just like the 3 cover songs

Noodles said that The Offspring might release an EP or release new songs as new singles and compile them all into an album.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...sary-new-music

Quote Originally Posted by DanBokma View Post
    We may get lucky that the fact that they are off Columbia May make things easier for a quicker release. I'm hoping so anyway.
    This is a good point. It's much easier to get albums off the floor when you're not dealing with a major label complicating. In this case, it's basically up to the band how long it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by dff_punk View Post
    Do you think they will play Splinter in its entirety in 2023? They will be nearing 60 by then.
    Hahaha, and Days Go By in 2032... nearly 70

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Punk Pirate View Post
    In an interview on Punknews.org, Dexter said he's not sure if the next Offspring release will be an album.
    My opinion may be unpopular, but I will be very disappointed if they switch to only releasing individual songs instead of albums. As long as they're earning enough to do alright (which they clearly are and have), isn't art more important than profit? I guess it's not for sadly a lot of people, but I have to say that this would be the final step to killing my interest in this band... I show up every so often when there's news about a new album and I always get a big of that nostalgic excitement over a new Offspring album. If they stop making albums, that's kind of the end for me. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    What's all this hubbub recently over Taylor Swift? "She released a pop song!" Wasn't she always doing that though, just like...radio-country-pop? Katy Perry if she had some dude standing behind her playing a banjo?

Weird.
    Right? She's always done pop with a slight country sound. I don't really get how people differentiate and decide they like one more than the other - it all sounds the same to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    Yeah, I sort of hate this new trend of just releasing a few songs here-and-there digitally. It's cool if they want to release an EP in between albums as a sort of "we want to take things slow for a while, not jump right into writing a whole new album and touring" thing, but I hope they don't go the digital route as a new model for releasing music, like in place of actual albums. I'm sure none of us mind waiting an extra year, 18 months or whatever, over whatever they had planned, for a fully-fledged 10-12 song disc.
    Basically this.

PS: I just put on Days Go By for the first time in probably a year, and damn it has some good songs. But Cruising California is seriously such a blight on the album. It's fucking awful, and not because it's a pop song. It's just simply bad. I also seem to really hate the song Days Go By. But Turning into You and Secrets from the Underground are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

they built up their hype and popularity this summer to their heyday levels, at least in the US. That being said, it would be a foolish business move to not capitalize on this and at least release a single or two in the next few months.
    And I think thats what we're going to get.

I heard a Noodles interview the other day (102.1 MILWAUKEE) and he said they have a couple songs done and were looking to get in the studio real soon and do a few more. He implied they were not going to compile an album and wait a year or more for the completion. Instead, they would release a few songs along the way. The days of waiting for an entire album to be completed and then release music has run its course.

The fact that the band might be done making albums is pretty bad news