Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I just did an in-person interview with Dexter

Default Great interview!!

im confused about a few comments befor this one, you don't think its Jason Epstein staring this thread or you don't think he did the interview?
    Offspring Documentary in the works, scheduled release fall 2015.

Another great Offspring interview from punknews. I love the questions, hearing about stuff like the old Americana video that most interviewers wouldn't ask about.

Dude, this is good stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Well I hope they release Pass Me By sooner rather than to late then!
    Last edited by Jhonny; 08-15-2014 at 12:52 PM.
    Love is dead.

There's a song, well I don't want to talk about it too much, but we've been working on it for a long time and it's one of those B-sides and we are finishing it, but no plans for it yet. But I think that one will come out.
    I guess he is talking about We don't have sex anymore. That would mean they are shooting a video for some other new song...
    I drank from your hands I drank from your mouth you poured into me until I was drowned I had no breath was drunk on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskygrin View Post
    Meet HAU, the philosopher.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    Dr. Hause transcends labels. He is both human and humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rooster View Post
    Another great Offspring interview from punknews. I love the questions, hearing about stuff like the old Americana video that most interviewers wouldn't ask about.
    I agree the home video question was great I always wondered why they they only did them for Americana and Conspiracy of One

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
    We got a "Pass Me By" mention, so I'd say it was a success. Really, that was pretty interesting, and I'm glad you shared your sentiments about the band's deep cuts with Dexter.
    Thanks, I hope he takes it to heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    That was a good read, man, million thanks!

My heart is bleedin' for Pass Me By, it pains me to know it's a finished song. Wanna hear it so bad.
    I know man, me too

Quote Originally Posted by OC HAU View Post
    I guess he is talking about We don't have sex anymore. That would mean they are shooting a video for some other new song...
    Interesting. How do you know that?

Is this what Noodles is alluding to in this answer to a question I asked him in 2012?

Yeah. Is there any chance fans will get to hear any of the remaining unreleased B-sides the Offspring have?
    Yeah, eventually. I hope so. We've had a song that....we wrote it on [an] acoustic at Greg's house probably 15 years ago, I wanted the song to be out and we were slated to put it on [one of our] records, but I think it was too different for people. It's definitely an Offspring song; it's very tongue-in-cheek and then [goes along with] all the other stuff too that we've done. You know what happens is a lot of times when a song doesn't seem to be working, we just shelve it, we're done, just kind of over it. And we don't finish them. So all of the songs that we have finished, I hope those get out some day. You know, there's a lot of stuff out there that we've done in vaults somewhere.

We don't have sex anymore is an old known title of a song, probably b-side and I have it assigned to Americana, maybe we should search for it. 15 years ago would be Ixnay, but maybe that's it. Noodles already talked about We don't have sex anymore this year if I remember correctly. Now, Dexter is saying there are no plans for it so they made a video for the other new song. The knowledge is that they are working on a couple new tracks, that'd be 2 or maybe 3? and We never have sex anymore is one of them I guess.

There is also CO1 b-side, Noodles talked about it somewhere, but he didn't tell the title. When they were working on the last records they had looked into b-sides as far as CO1 so it must be true. Then, Pass Me By from Splinter, yeah fuckin' release it. 24 demos for RFRG, now Dex says 8 b-sides. DGB had 2 b-sides. There is a b-side called It's All Good from the last records...
    I drank from your hands I drank from your mouth you poured into me until I was drowned I had no breath was drunk on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskygrin View Post
    Meet HAU, the philosopher.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    Dr. Hause transcends labels. He is both human and humanity.