Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: interesting TSOL influence once again

1 members appreciate this post.

Default interesting TSOL influence once again

so pretty much everyone knows the first offspring album sounds so much like TSOL right?

i was just listening to TSOL's album "Change Today?" (which you should totally listen to if you get the chance) and i realized the bassline of "In Time" at like 1:07 is pretty much the exact same thing as Offspring's "I'll Be Waiting" at 1:44

like i don't really know, i don't wanna sound bitchy because of this, and i'm most likely not the first person to point it out. just think it's killer because i love TSOL and i love The Offspring even more so it's really kinda cool.

thanks for posting this I never noticed it before

I love TSOL also but I have to say I think the first offspring album is way better than Dance With Me or anything TSOL ever did and it seems like it's the band's least favorite album which is too bad
    Last edited by cool 2 hate 681; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:51 AM.

2 members appreciate this post.

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    thanks for posting this I never noticed it before

I love TSOL also but I have to say I think the first offspring album is way better than Dance With Me or anything TSOL ever did and it seems like it's the band's least favorite album which is too bad
    dance with me is totally one of my favorite albums ever but i COMPLETELY agree. the self-titled had a lot of...personality to it? it just had amazing vocals and riffs and stuff. lyrics were also great. it's probably one of my favorite albums by them and i wish they mentioned it more

I agree I think a big part of the reason it sounds similar to TSOL is because Thom Wilson was also the producer for TSOL

Also about Change Today? I have to say I really like that album even though it doesn't have Jack on it. Flowers By The Door is a great song

Wow, never noticed that before either. The tempo of the original recording sounds even more influenced:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMYDvbhJg7E
    Night brings bad dreams
    Bad dreams and guillotines

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    I agree I think a big part of the reason it sounds similar to TSOL is because Thom Wilson was also the producer for TSOL

Also about Change Today? I have to say I really like that album even though it doesn't have Jack on it. Flowers By The Door is a great song
    ahh, true, totally didn't think of that.
    and yeees, Change Today? kicks ass. even if it wasn't that great, it's still better than Beneath the Shadows, which made me cry for 5 hours because it was just so disappointing

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
    Wow, never noticed that before either. The tempo of the original recording sounds even more influenced:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMYDvbhJg7E
    i have no idea why i haven't heard that before. totally does sound like them. i actually kinda dig it haha

I have my theory that Change today never influenced the offspring, JOE WOOD SUCK ASS, ALWAYS Dexter said the best punk ever was TSOL with JACK singing. the only reason that song is punk is because Ron Emory sung it.

Joe wood sucks glam balls.

Im sure TSOL heavyly influenced them but it was the Jack era...they even open the TSOL reunion back in 1990 and came on stage to play Code blue along them.

sure Noodles talked about that in a bbs podcast when they played that prank on you guys...about disliking the fat joke.

Also its stated in some maximum rnr interview

Quote Originally Posted by D0NT View Post
    I have my theory that Change today never influenced the offspring, JOE WOOD SUCK ASS, ALWAYS Dexter said the best punk ever was TSOL with JACK singing. the only reason that song is punk is because Ron Emory sung it.

Joe wood sucks glam balls.

Im sure TSOL heavyly influenced them but it was the Jack era...they even open the TSOL reunion back in 1990 and came on stage to play Code blue along them.

sure Noodles talked about that in a bbs podcast when they played that prank on you guys...about disliking the fat joke.

Also its stated in some maximum rnr interview
    i always liked change today but i have to agree with you that joe wood sucked major ass. jack's tsol was light years better. not gonna argue with that.
    and if you listen to their self titled they were obviously listening to jack-era tsol night and day.
    but i'm pretty sure i read something somewhere about them (the offspring) and change today. so i dunno. someone needs to find it and clarify it for me.
    also that bbs podcast was cruel...

Joe Wood era had a few good song IMO I like that song from Return Of The Living Dead also