Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Narrowing down the list of questions for Greg. Have an interesting one, yourself?

1 members appreciate this post.

I have a question I find isn't asked often enough. How come The Offspring doesn't play much off the first two albums anymore, namely "The Offspring"? Is this a personal decision or to please the fans who only know the newer music? Or something like that. It's hard to word that kind of a question without making it sound accusing.

Quote Originally Posted by beheaded360 View Post
    I have a question I find isn't asked often enough. How come The Offspring doesn't play much off the first two albums anymore, namely "The Offspring"? Is this a personal decision or to please the fans who only know the newer music? Or something like that. It's hard to word that kind of a question without making it sound accusing.
    I have a similar question that I will be asking him, so I can tag this onto the end of that or make it a follow-up.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

I've never seen a solo Greg interview that was on video. Most I've seen were transcribed on websites or in magazines and one was just audio. I'd rather do the interview in person. Would you guys rather it be on video, audio, or transcribed?
    Not that I'll have much control over it, but I can try to push for video and record it on my tablet if that's what other people want to see, too.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.

I always thought Ron left cause he wanted to form that band Steady Ground.

I think they said they don't like the first album that much cause it sounds a lot like their influences and not so much like them, that's why they don't play it so much. Also they know that while they have us hardcore fans, most of the audience at a show doesn't know the first two albums, and they want to be giving them what they were after.

Can you ask Greg about other bassists? Who does he take influence from, who doesn't he like? What does he think of Dee Dee Ramone, Sid Vicious (Sex Pistols), John Entwhistle (The Who), Klaus Flouride (DK), Mike Dirnt (Green Day), Mark Hoppus (blink), Fat Mike (NOFX), Randy Bradbury (Pennywise), Jay Bentley (Bad Religion)?
    That was a lot of bassists, just some examples

Quote Originally Posted by jpstoner View Post
    I would be curious, if he was willing to talk about
    and explain what exactly happened to cause Ron Welty
    to leave the band? I have heard a lot of rumors, I think
    one time I read Greg say the other 3 forced him out,
    others say Ron left on his own because Ron wanted
    more input into songs, and I wonder is that bad thing?

Others say Ron wanted to go in one direction and the
    other 3 said if you don't shut up you are out.. and then
    Ron was out.

I wonder what happened there?
    Was it a long time coming or was it sudden?
    Do the other 3 regret Ron leaving? What direction did Ron
    want to go which the other 3 did not? or was it just time
    to move on, like people some times do
    I would imagine it was more alternative rock I think 2 or 3 of those Steady Ground songs would have made great offspring songs

What are the names of the unreleased b-sides Noodles talked about? There must be something besides Pass Me By and We don't have sex anymore. They looked into as far as Co1 b-sides when doing the last couple albums. Although Dexter said some albums didn't have b-sides. Just a name of some unknown mostly finished track they liked would be cool to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskygrin View Post
    Meet HAU, the philosopher.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    Dr. Hause transcends labels. He is both human and humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    I've never seen a solo Greg interview that was on video. Most I've seen were transcribed on websites or in magazines and one was just audio. I'd rather do the interview in person. Would you guys rather it be on video, audio, or transcribed?
    Not that I'll have much control over it, but I can try to push for video and record it on my tablet if that's what other people want to see, too.
    Heck yeah!!! Video would be awesome!! mainly because with video we get all 3.... video, audio, and transcribed

Good Luck!! Cant wait to see it
    Last edited by jpstoner; 09-02-2014 at 10:23 PM.

Thank you for all the tips. I only have one tablet and an iPod that takes not so good video. My laptop also has a camera but it's not HD. I do have a USB mic that works pretty well so I can get audio with that. The best thing that could happen is that they could help provide some equipment for this since I'm not with any companies, but I highly doubt that would happen. Maybe I could rendezvous or make contact with some company and maybe they could sponsor me in exchange for me letting them use the interview to promote on their own site or something. The biggest challenge I face is that I'm just a fan with no real internal connections or professional equipment. I've been involved with behind the scenes stuff in two college plays and befriended the director and know the videographer who took clips from rehearsals and interviews to make trailers, though.

Here is a video he took and edited together. I actually made the cut to be in this.
    I was the production assistant/soundboard operator in this play and was stage manager in the following year's play about the Radium Girls.
    Last edited by "Melyssa K" Kennedy; 09-02-2014 at 10:30 PM.

Come to think of it, I co-starred in a local band's first music video and they did all the filming and editing themselves. All the filming was done in one day. The close-up panning shots of the band in front of the stone structure in the woods were actually filmed by me. Maybe they'd want to help.
    Last edited by "Melyssa K" Kennedy; 09-02-2014 at 10:39 PM.

I am sure you will do awesome,
    I edited what I posted earlier thinking it might be coming across as mradviceunsolicited. I bet GK will be very easy to get along with and this will be a lot of fun and informative. From what you posted you know what you are doing and you have some great ideas... and this is going to work out perfect. I cant wait to hear his answers to your great questions.