Thread: Recording your songs...

Question Recording your songs...

Aiyo,
    What do you guys use to record your songs and edit them? What equipment do you use and how much did you get it for?

A recording studio if it's not live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    ... I can't believe I have noodlesfan's dick in my fucking photobucket.

a sound card, a cable and a guitar oh and nero wave editor

Check out the song Needlepoint here .... www.purevolume.com/exus we recorded this in my bedroom with Cubasis VST (stripped down version of cubase), Guitarport and various plugins, a mic. thats it.

DaZ

my brother said that i need a mic, a sound compressor and a sound board with a built in harddrive that record stereo for the best results. Is that right?

That really depends on what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    ... I can't believe I have noodlesfan's dick in my fucking photobucket.

well basically, i want to record individual layers and them combine them all together so it sounds cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by ShotoCloneX
    Aiyo,
    What do you guys use to record your songs and edit them? What equipment do you use and how much did you get it for?
    We use a recording studio.

Ok I thought I might be a big help and actually show you what we use, Im assuming that you already have a guitar, bass drums etc. For our digital computer studio we have.

For the main editing software we use Cubase, any variation should be good, for a while we used Cubasis VST with only cost 49 but we have recently invested in Cubase SX there are other variations tho.
    http://www.music123.com/Steinberg-Cu...-i131996.music

Secondly you will need something to get your instruments into the pc you can do the whole micing up thing or what we do DI. A good peice of equipment for DI is the line 6 Guitar port. It has lots of guitar sounds you can use or you can just use it as a reliable way of getting sound into the pc, we use it for Guitar Bass and vocals.
    http://www.music123.com/Line-6-GuitarPort-i25250.music

Lastly there is the drums now this can be done one of 2 ways, either micing up a drum kit or programming them in using a drum machine, we do the latter for midi drums I recomment one of the packages from FXpansion, we use the VST DR-008, the results can sometimes sound fake but after some practise even some top musicans cant be sure.
    http://www.fxpansion.com/

Well I hope this helps, like I say, what I have put here is not what you MUST do for a computer studio but its just how we do it, Im happy with our results so I guess its up to you to decide.

Hope I helped
    www.exuspunk.tk
    www.purevolume.com/exus

DaZ