Thread: 'Conspiracy Of Onix' - A tribute to The Offspring & Pokémon Red/Blue

Default 'Conspiracy Of Onix' - A tribute to The Offspring & Pokémon Red/Blue

Hi, everyone. My name is Sebastián, I'm 27 and I live in Argentina. I discovered the band in 1999, when MTV played the 'Americana' videos. I got my first Offspring album ('Conspiracy Of One') in 2001, and I've been a fan ever since - buying each subsequent album as they were released, and surfing through the older catalogue. My favourite song by the band is "All I have left is you", but "Spare Me The Details" and "Smash" come close.

Anyways, I joined this forum to share a tribute my friend Guillermo and I did last year. It's actually a tribute to both the band, and the Pokémon Red/Blue videogames, because we've been HUGE fans of both for 15 years. So, what I did was choose 18 Offspring songs -2 per album- and record guitar covers of them (some acoustic, some electric). And, to keep things interesting, I replaced an element of each song (i.e. a solo, a riff, a chord progression...) with a melody from the music heard in the videogames. My friend did something similar for the artwork - he took one of the Kozik illustrations in 'Americana' and added a couple of Pokémon on it. You can stream/download the full thing for free, here: https://elhombreelefante.bandcamp.co...piracy-of-onix

In addition, I made and uploaded to YouTube an animation for one of the songs - "Take It Like A Mankey":

I had fun making it - I got to include many (around 20) references to the band: albums, videos, artwork, the guys themselves... I know Noodles checks out stuff from fans, and I've seen him commenting about some it on Twitter. So, if any of you is on Twitter and could send Noodles a link to the video, I would appreciate it - I'm interested in knowing what he might think of it. Thank you!

OK, see you guys around. And happy birthday to Greg K. tomorrow!
    Last edited by Sebastián Pratesi; 01-19-2017 at 07:31 AM.

Wow that is really awesome thanks for posting that

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    Wow that is really awesome thanks for posting that
    Thanks, man! I appreciate it.
    I got excited and opened a Twitter account (http://twitter.com/elhombrelefante) from which I sent the video link to both Noodles and Pete.

I retweeted it with my fansite offspringsite hopefully they will see it

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    I retweeted it with my fansite offspringsite hopefully they will see it
    Yeah, I just saw that! Apparently Noodles 'liked' your tweet (as I just did), so I guess mission acomplished
    Thanks a lot, man. Seriously!
    I just tweeted the video to Junichi Masuda (the guy who makes the music for the Pokémon games). Let's see what happens with that :P

No problem happy to help