Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Offspring Promotion

Unhappy Offspring Promotion

I gotta tell ya, since the OP single...the promotion of the Offspring has been very sad ive found. Totally looks like the record company lost total faith in the sales offspring could put out. Want you bad went no where and the video was never* played on muchmusic on anyway. No video for MMA cept a live thing and the single went no where. The MMA is great! Couldve had a good video. Youll all agree this website except for lately, for years went absolutely nowhere with no updates. Offspring Nation was ....well I wont even comment on it. The hype for Splinter also as compared to maybe American Idiot is just sad! Greenday Is everywhere! Yet Splinter did nothing. They were even late with their hit that music video to coincide with the release. Now after CGMHAY it seems over already for splinter. Yeah I know theyre working on greatest hits (I expect the hits will obviously be the current setlist at their concerts) but it just seems sad that for the past while its been pretty bad.
    Last edited by ForsakenProdigy; 10-29-2004 at 07:15 PM.

I've noticed the same thing...

I had really hoped that "The Noose" would be the lead single...and though I understand the logic behind 'don't-release-the-best-song-on-the-album-first,' I think what makes "American Idiot" so huge right now is that it's an anthem that calls back to the Dookie days. I wasn't 'feeling' the songs on Splinter because I'd only heard the singles released...until I heard "The Noose." It calls up Smash, and then bitchslaps it a little. It's a familiar sound, but it's not exactly the same. I feel like it leads off the album perfectly because it just pulls you into it...and I wish it had done the same for the album as a single.

Im a much bigger offspring fan than greenday definatly, but i see its unfortunate greenday gets the media/mainstream recognition of the punk savoirs of the 90s, few mention offspring. And American Idiot, whether you think its good or bad, the tone of it, the 9min songs and sections, varied topics make it a much new varied album and BLOWS splinter away in recognition and hype and personally in GENERAL its a better varied album. I hope dexter heard it and realizes and doesnt release ANOTHER album that sounds the same, cuz its 4 in a row now.
    Last edited by ForsakenProdigy; 10-29-2004 at 07:42 PM.

yeah and that's maybe why they're going to make a greatest hits. A best of... always help a band to reappear in the map. But I don't really care if they make big success or no, I liked splinter even if a lot of people or saying it was their worst album (only because it's different...come on guys...all their albums were different and this one take all the styles of the other albums...we will never forget the classics for sure but we have to admit that the new songs rocked and some are as good as the oldies...) and for finishing what I was saying...if they make success or they don't make any promotion I will always buy their albums and go to their shows cuz the Offspring are the best whatever they do and f*ck what people who only listen to commercial songs think.

Come the fuck on,Splinter is their greatest along with Ixnay!

You_Feel_Like_A_Lie Guest

I don't know, I don't think I'd ever rate Splinter up with Ixnay (personally my favorite album). I'm not saying it really sucked or anything, but it wasn't near as good as many of their other cds, though it did have "The Noose", "(CGM)HAY", "Lightning Rod" and "Never Gonna Find Me." I think all the rest are better, except for CO1. But don't get me wrong I still love all the cds and I still know that The Offspring are the best band ever; I just consider the old stuff to be better.

Not to really say much, but a band doesn't have to have videos all over TV and stuff to be a good band. If Columbia records isn't doing much with them, so what they're an old band and "out of date" though I love there music. I mean seriously, bands such as Styx and Aerosmith which I grew up with, and are HUGE names in rock history, have gotten the same air time and so on with there new records really. This stuff doesn't really matter to me, I mean the number of fans they have is enough to suffice the record company, though they're not main stream any more because they more or less stick to there roots. They mess around, but a good portion of there music is a style of genre that doesn't much exist any more in the eyes of the mass population.

P.S.- Green Day's new cd had maybe 4 good songs on it, where I'll listen to Splinter and so on straight through.

You_Feel_Like_A_Lie Guest

I'm sorry, but this is really bugging me Left Face Down. For future reference when it's possesive it's spelled "their", "there" is used for position and such, and "they're" is a contraction for "they are".
    Ok that was my little spiel, again, sorry about the interruption. On with the topic.

I used it right, "their" is possesive, I'm not showing possesion... bah... The Offspring, THEY'RE (they are) a good band... THEY'RE an old band... not THEIR an old band, they don't own "old band" it's in reference to them. THEY'RE not mainstream.. it's not THEIR not mainstream.. as before they don't own "mainstream" and "mainstream" is definantly not a location, so it's not THERE....

So, why did you even put that?

letīs hope that the new Greatest Hitīs song will be a great hit , like that song from No doubt greatest hits - Itīs my life .... LONG LIFE FOR THE OFFSPRING !!!
    I am not another The Offspring fan but just THE Offspring FAN !

Dexter Holland - "Which one of you goes by the screen name of RonWelty?"