Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: The NEW album thread

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    I agree 100 percent Bob Rock has been a disaster for this band
    Yes especially for those longer waits between the last few albums.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Punk Pirate View Post
    Yes especially for those longer waits between the last few albums.
    Do you really think it's Bob Rock the cause of the long pauses? We can blame him for some poor audio production choices, for not coaching and pushing the band in the studio, but not for the pauses, that's on the guys, mostly Dexter in my opinion.
    He took time (rightly) to finish his degree, but at the end of the day he is the one that brings the songs on the table. Every spring\summer they tour like maniacs, leaving almost no time to do anything new, and after that they all want to spend some time home (well deserved, they are human beings and got families).
    There are definetely some things about the creating process that we (I?) don't know about, has he ran out of ideas for a while? did he get stuck on lyrics? is he a perfectionist and doesn't want to put out anything that he's not sure of? do they have too much material or not enough material? I know they just said they now have 2 albums worth of music, but unitl a few months ago they had 7\8 tracks finished with more to record.
    I just don't think it's all on Bob's shoulders. I would like to see what they would do if they were put under pressure though, like "ok guys, you have to put out an album from scratch in the next 4 months", would that be good and result in something honest like smash or would it just be crap? who knows
    My Guitars cover channel

Batman Ninja guitars ---- > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsu...mNXVmfkL4Mi32Q

Can I just ask, as a person who is not very knowledgeable about the music industry... what does a producer actually do? What is Bob Rock's job?

I'm not a trendy asshole
    I do what I want
    I do what I feel like
    I'm not a trendy asshole
    Don't give a fuck
    If it's good enough for you

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_Voorhees View Post
    What is Bob Rock's job?
    To make sure the worst out of the best band is taken
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Holland
    What's wrong with Dexter??? Everyone says what a great guy he is. Even his friends call him Gandhi. It's not just me, everyone says how nice he is. That is all. Thank you.

Can I just ask, as a person who is not very knowledgeable about the music industry... what does a producer actually do? What is Bob Rock's job?
    A producer SHOULD be someone that works with the band in order to take the best out of their ideas. For example melodies, fills, vibe, they can have a more detached approach to the songs to be able to tell when something sounds good or bad without being biased by being the creator of the music. They help the bands to find their sounds, it's like a guide. Some bands rely heavily on their producers, other want them to be less intrusive.
    I hope this helps a bit
    My Guitars cover channel

Batman Ninja guitars ---- > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsu...mNXVmfkL4Mi32Q

He's the man who tells the band that using a trash cans instead of a drum set is a good idea... or the man who should tell the band that it's actually not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter_italy View Post
    Do you really think it's Bob Rock the cause of the long pauses? We can blame him for some poor audio production choices, for not coaching and pushing the band in the studio, but not for the pauses, that's on the guys, mostly Dexter in my opinion.
    He took time (rightly) to finish his degree, but at the end of the day he is the one that brings the songs on the table. Every spring\summer they tour like maniacs, leaving almost no time to do anything new, and after that they all want to spend some time home (well deserved, they are human beings and got families).
    There are definetely some things about the creating process that we (I?) don't know about, has he ran out of ideas for a while? did he get stuck on lyrics? is he a perfectionist and doesn't want to put out anything that he's not sure of? do they have too much material or not enough material? I know they just said they now have 2 albums worth of music, but unitl a few months ago they had 7\8 tracks finished with more to record.
    I just don't think it's all on Bob's shoulders. I would like to see what they would do if they were put under pressure though, like "ok guys, you have to put out an album from scratch in the next 4 months", would that be good and result in something honest like smash or would it just be crap? who knows
    While it's the band who calls the shots utimately, a hands-on producer such as Bob Rock may contribute to the artist taking too long to finish an album -- maybe he's a perfectionist or overthinks things. Mind you, maybe Bob isn't like that; I'm just speculating.

Quote Originally Posted by dff_punk View Post
    I think they should release it by themselves and not make a fuss about labels, that's just redundant - this is a different age. They can do it!
    I would be very surprised if the new album is not on a label

The band just posted that they were back in the studio.since the 311 Tour is over

For some reason I thought drums are already recorded and now we see pics of Pete recording drums
    Last edited by Krojd; 1 Hour Ago at 07:13 AM.