Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FORUM needs a revamp! (plus more)

The thing is, that forums like these have become completely irrelevant due to social media. I've only been here for 10 or so years, but there's been a consistent dive of usage over the years.
    Quote Originally Posted by lousyskater View Post
    the offspring pretty much copied the vandals song too much drama.

I still think for talking about The Offspring this is the best place to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw View Post
    Sure, but I don't think it's likely going to happen. This place is pretty much dead, sadly .
    Seems like activity is not so high here. Where can I post my grateful impressions from the The Offspring's two concerts I attended last week, so that people can read how awesome and impressive the performances were? Shall I start a new thread in "Our Talk" or there is a special place to post inspiring reviews? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_from_Oslo View Post
    Seems like activity is not so high here. Where can I post my grateful impressions from the The Offspring's two concerts I attended last week, so that people can read how awesome and impressive the performances were? Shall I start a new thread in "Our Talk" or there is a special place to post inspiring reviews? Thank you.
    Yes just start a new thread in General Offspring Discussion 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    Yes just start a new thread in General Offspring Discussion ��
    I see that "General Offspring Discussion" has kinds of topics, different from concert feedbacks, but what is related to concerts is in "Our Talks", so I posted my new thread there, where I share my happiness about the concerts in Oslo and Gothenburg. I do not see the thread to appear on the forum yet...

...oh, I see, the moderator shall approve it first! Ok then, I will be looking forward to
    Last edited by Anna_from_Oslo; 07-08-2018 at 05:12 AM.

Haven't received any reactions from the moderator yet. Just an observation: what I see from browsing this forum as a community, it lacks structure, and some topics look really weird, and it would be weird to quote their titles... So many users look like bots and junk. There is a lot of work to clean up here... Assume, it is hard to have constructive discussions, if so much "strange" is also here...

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_from_Oslo View Post
    I see that "General Offspring Discussion" has kinds of topics, different from concert feedbacks, but what is related to concerts is in "Our Talks", so I posted my new thread there, where I share my happiness about the concerts in Oslo and Gothenburg. I do not see the thread to appear on the forum yet...

...oh, I see, the moderator shall approve it first! Ok then, I will be looking forward to
    I fixed it for you

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw View Post
    Updating the version of captcha used in registrations could help too.
    Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    For sure! I wish they would
    A lot of the issue stems from the limited options the BBS system we use allows for. The software has been simplified and restructured, features have been taken away, and no matter what spam filters we use, they still get through. It actually used to be wayyyyyyyy worse, back in the day, when this board was less dead. But, instead of just Cool 2 hate moderating for the most part, there was four of us on daily when I came on. Prior to that, there were at least ten mods. And there was pretty much always someone logged on who could remove stuff the second it popped up. When I was first brought on as a mod, the spam was everywhere all the time, including things you can't see, unless you can see the stuff our auto mod doesn't let through. And even then, way more didn't even make it that far. Short of completely changing over to a different platform, like they did back in '04, I can't really see a way to do more than what our web guy has already done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post
    A lot of the issue stems from the limited options the BBS system we use allows for. The software has been simplified and restructured, features have been taken away, and no matter what spam filters we use, they still get through. It actually used to be wayyyyyyyy worse, back in the day, when this board was less dead. But, instead of just Cool 2 hate moderating for the most part, there was four of us on daily when I came on. Prior to that, there were at least ten mods. And there was pretty much always someone logged on who could remove stuff the second it popped up. When I was first brought on as a mod, the spam was everywhere all the time, including things you can't see, unless you can see the stuff our auto mod doesn't let through. And even then, way more didn't even make it that far. Short of completely changing over to a different platform, like they did back in '04, I can't really see a way to do more than what our web guy has already done.
    I didn't know that it was not possible to make the forums better without completely re doing them like they did in 2004. That's too bad

Social media has basically made forums obsolete, but doesn't really replace all the features. Forums feel like a more personal way for people to connect over a certain topic. I also never cared for Discord.

It's also odd that the Offspring still has an official forum. Sure it was common back in the day, but this place is still fully endorsed by the band and everything. Though it really is the most direct way to discuss anything about the band. The mods don't even get heavy-handed when it comes to what's acceptable to post.
    Night brings bad dreams
    Bad dreams and guillotines