Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Punk!

Default Punk!

Please, please, please, all of you that see punk as invidual expression, please please please tell me where this definition evolved. Punk attacked the world as droning, three chord, screamy DIY music. Not individuality, not a spirit, not a lifestyle. Eventually, punk also defined a rediculous way of dressing. Where the fuck does anyone here get the idea that punk is a reflection of non conformity?

Ridiculous way of dressing? I like the dressing. It varies. mmmm....salad dressing.
    It's easier to say what ISN't punk, so here's some things that aren't punk.
    avril
    the way you dress
    Your hair
    How much beer you drink
    how much you wanna marry your skateboard
    avril
    What instrument you play
    avril
    I hate myself....Irony is fucked

punk is bullshit, its just another label, another group to be a part of, i even heard that the sex pistols were put together in a studio because obviously they were to chaotic to form together alone. but seriously punk is bullshit, no one is a true individual, there is no such thing. "IM PUNK MOTHERFUCKER!!!", o ya saying that isnt sad. the world is sad.

in the words of the dead kennedys:

"punk aint no religious cult, punk means thinking for yourself, you aint hardcore coz you spike your hair!"

and you can get fucked if you think theres no such thing as being an individual..kuz quite frankly, even though most people seem to be the same...they never are.
    Freedom scares you because it means responsibility

we've had this thread

i didnt say individual, i said true individual

everyone is molded in some way by other things. its impossible to be everything made up entirely of your own, the thought itself is inconcievable. most punks get angry when i say there is no such thing as a true individual, because they believe they are, but there not...there not.

yes while that is true its not what punks trying to get at....

...their trying to get at the fact you have to think for yourselves to be individual. Not a true individual by any means, im not even that.

Sure my user name is "punk" flamingo..why? becuase i love the music, not because i go around going on about being a "true individual"

And if they believe they are, what should you care anyway? In fact why do you care so much?

we've had this thread

how sad, trying to make yurself seem so clever. your making it like its a personal attack on u, relax. im not hte one who made the post in the first place, i was just responding, i dont care if you dress up or listen to or whatever. i was just stating my opinion that i feel punk is pretty much bullshit. and who the fuck knows what punk is trying to get at nowadays. it used to be political with the sex pistols, and then fun live life with the ramones. all im saying is why say "punk is trying to get at this" and stop classifying it as punk or you being punk, and just be. you got more pissed at me for saying there is no such thing as a true individual than anything, so why do you care so much, probably because you took it as a personal attack.

i never thought you were making a personal attack on me dude, i was just using myself as an example.

no i got pissed off about you saying there was no such thing about an INDIVIDUAL...i interpreted it wrong, i admitted that in my previous post. I agreed with you that a true individual does not exist. If you read my post properly, you would understand that.

we've had this thread

ok fine cool watever then. i think the only thing weve solved is that its really hard to change one's mind.

BREAK Guest

Punk = individuality, because Greg Graffin told them so.