Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recovering from Surgery.

Default Recovering from Surgery.

I had sinus surgery yesterday. Fairly serious, but routine. Basically, being a seventeen year old, I'm recovering quickly.

To a degree.

I'm still bleeding out of my nose (I swear I'll never get all this junk out). I'm still swollen. I'm still fairly low on energy. So on and so forth. But the main thing is, I can't stay sitting up for too long, or the blood increases. So I need movie recommendations.

Normally, I'd just ask for whatever's awesome. But, I can only watch for so long without getting a headache, so I need fairly short suggestions (max ~1.5 hours?). I rented four, and have exhausted them all since last night. The four were King Arthur, S.W.A.T., Harold and Kumar, and the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. S.W.A.T. was probably the best. So recommend me some more, please, or any other ideas for amusing myself while I drain the blood-ocean that is my nose.

brick
    ghost world
    12 monkeys

and on the tv side of things:
    newsradio, seasons 3 & 4
    strangers with candy, all seasons
    dexter, season 1

Ohhh 12 Monkeys is good hehe

King Kong
    Troy
    Fight Club
    Clerks 2

I hope you feel better soon xxx

Short things are TV on DVD, I enjoy them way more than movies because I have such a short attention span and it increases the re-watch value.

Sorry you had to have sinus surgery, I hear that's really nasty stuff. Did you try that saline solution wash before you went under? I heard that's being hailed the miracle cure for allergy issues and sinus infections.

i had that when i was 16. along with a billion other things. feel better!

cant think of movie recs at the moment though....sorry =\

i guess it's all about the dream

jet li's "hero"

Fight club
    high fedelity
    Pick of destiny
    Oh and wishing ya a speedy recovery!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole View Post
    Sorry you had to have sinus surgery, I hear that's really nasty stuff. Did you try that saline solution wash before you went under? I heard that's being hailed the miracle cure for allergy issues and sinus infections.
    I've been doing saline stuff for years. It's not a terribly new thing.

I saw Secretary a couple days ago and thought it was pretty entertaining. I don't know what kind of things you like but independent films are always good. Try it.

And I hope you get well soon. I've never had a surgery before but I'm pretty sure that it is horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk should be read by every high school student so they can be like "dude, wtf, this sucks."

Thanks for all the warm sentiments, but I really am in what the doctors would call a miraculous recovery. I haven't had pain since a few hours after leaving the place.

All seasons of The Man Show! you won't get bored until you've seen each episode about 25 times! Trust me, I know.