Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Roommates

No fat person has any class, the end.
    so you can think of me when you forget your seatbelt
    (and again when your head goes through the windshield)

I roomed with an Italian man named Mitja over the summer. He was weird, but really cool. He was charismatic, used the word "assimilate" in every context imaginable, and meditated constantly. He had lots of rotten fruit on his windowsill because he liked to attract bugs. He was a Capoiera lover, and just a wise, wise person.

One thing weird about him was that his NATURAL odor was that of tomato and garlic. Seriously, he'd come into my room fresh out of a shower, and I just assumed he had tomato soap or shampoo. But no, this guy smelled of pasta after washing with Zest soap and shit. And it was a strong scent, the kind that smacks you the minute you enter the room, and you either like it or you don't. I'm glad I liked it.

As awesome as he was, I think his scent was even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    Wait, now you're trying to tell us the clitoris exists?

How come you're not roommates anymore?

I spent the summer doing a program at the college, so I only lived on campus for two months. Same deal with him. Afterwards we returned to our homes.
    Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    Wait, now you're trying to tell us the clitoris exists?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyNemesis
    I roomed with an Italian man named Mitja over the summer. He was weird, but really cool. He was charismatic, used the word "assimilate" in every context imaginable, and meditated constantly. He had lots of rotten fruit on his windowsill because he liked to attract bugs. He was a Capoiera lover, and just a wise, wise person.

One thing weird about him was that his NATURAL odor was that of tomato and garlic. Seriously, he'd come into my room fresh out of a shower, and I just assumed he had tomato soap or shampoo. But no, this guy smelled of pasta after washing with Zest soap and shit. And it was a strong scent, the kind that smacks you the minute you enter the room, and you either like it or you don't. I'm glad I liked it.

I get hit with an odor right when Charles comes in through the door. It's powers of ten less than pleasant. In fact, methinks it's the smell of death. Holy shit I can't even describe it.
    omg sigged fuck you

Well, I'm glad that none of my housemates smell!

The one sometimes brings in a faint smell of weed, and sometimes burns incense that I think is kinda gross cause it smells like church. But other than that, the smells are generally okay.

I lived with 3 boys this past semester:
    1. my boyfriend - great person to live with - not annoying
    2. my genius physics friend - not too many issues with him - he helps clean up, cooks for me sometimes, but can be overly clingy sometimes
    (actually, the above two are ridiculously paranoid about things like germs and undercooked meat and locking doors, etc, etc.)
    3. my other friend from university - didn't see him much... he is now a weed addict and I find that kinda disappointing... he has also turned from super nice guy to semi-jerk which kinda annoys me as well... but we still get along... he never cleans up... but doesn't make too much mess so it works out... we hang out sometimes and it is fun.

I have also lived with 3 random girls the past couple years.
    1. Jenn - crazy hippie type... she was condescending and fake... and a slob... nobody liked her at all.
    2. Christine #1... a pretty regular girl... we got along really well... she had just broken up with her boyfriend of like 9 years or something ridiculous because he cheated on her and she had some sort of restraining order.
    3. Christine #2... she was REALLY FUN... lots of parties... lots of crazy adventures... but a slob... so it was fun to live with her for a few months... but I think it was good that she left...

Next year my best friend since forever will live with me for a year, I really hope that works out okay. I am confident that it will...

I live with four roommates. they're all awesome. there's the one that grows mushrooms (he's a bit nutty & not from this planet & if I ever get in an argument with any of my roommates, it's definitely him), then there's my boyfriend (well, of course), then there's Bloeme (a girl I know from medicine & invited to live with us, as soon as we had a room available) and Niels (the flirting roommate). Niels is a 33 year old guy, who studied economics, decided that wasn't his dream/life-goal & is now in his first year of medicine. he kicks loads of butts.

we're all extremely different, but go very well together. it's nice to be surrounded by people, who are in the same stage of their life as you & go through the same struggles. it's nice to be able to talk someone any time, anywhere. in the end, we're always there for each other. especially Anton (mushroom-guy), Huibert & me, because we've lived the longest together.

I'm always playing the little housedoctor (though Niels & Bloeme are doing way better in medicine), Anton always likes high tech stuff & bores us with stupid facts about teeth (on his way of becoming a dentist), Huibert always feels left out (because the rest of us is doing a medical study & he's doing something economical), likes girly programmes (like Sex and the City, Will & Grace, Desperate Housewives & even the Girlmore Girls) & cracks witty jokes, Niels always flirts with me (because my boyfriend is one of our roommates & he likes to tease me with the fact I'd pick a roommate as boyfriend), sports a lot & is a true GEEK when it comes to medicine (aw), & Bloeme has an accent from Leiden & is a little cuddle bunny, who just likes to roll to a little ball on her massive bed & crawls against her boyfriend, who often comes over.

I've lived alone too & even though I had a boyfriend at the time & friends who could surround me, I felt very very very lonely. living alone is really not my thing. no one is there to remind me what life is all about, no one is there to remind me life should start in the morning & end in the evening, no one is there who would give me a cuddle, a kiss on the cheek, tell me about their day, let me tell me about my day. conclusion; I was in my bed all day, ate very unhealthy, never went to uni anymore.. oh yeah, I could do whatever I want, but not being able to share it with anyone.. it really got to me after a little while.

uhh, I hope I gave a slight impression of how it is to live together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Bryan_420 View Post
    TOUGH SHIT! YOU WANT TO BELIEVE,BUT CAN'T PROVE I'M A HOMO! BEIN' PURE DOESN'T PROVE I'M HOMOSEXUAL ASSHOLE!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyNemesis View Post

Johnny Nemesis is racist and accuses other races of smelling.

Anyway, I live with my sister. The only shower in the house is in my bathroom. I don't put the seat down because she only uses the shower and not the toilet. Maybe once in a blue moon she uses the toilet, but rarely. Still, whenever she goes in the bathroom to take a shower, she closes the seat. I don't get that. Is it just me?
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

What the fuck was this necromancy all about?

You make Nicolas Flamel look like a faker.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

I'll be getting kicked out soon for not sharing my room with a roomate to afford the paying up the bills or the lack of I.o.u.'s in months rent. Nah, I'm welcome to leave as long I don't sued the house owner. I owe it all to my parents.