Thread: The Offspring in Colombia Kicked ass!!!

Thumbs up The Offspring in Colombia Kicked ass!!!

Eventhough it's a little late for this, I want to write the review about the performance of The Offspring in Colombia on October 29th.

It was awesome! I really thought I could never see these guys live ever!!!

They opened with Neocon with an outstanding intro by Atom, he plays so fcking hard and great, then Greg makes his appearance with this solid bass riff followed by the catching sound of Noodles' guitar, later Dexter shows up singing with his imposing voice, making the crowd go nuts!!

as soon as the intro finishes, just like pulled out from the album, they let scape "The Noose", giving the night a taste of what it was going to be.
    Then, non-stop they played "All I Want" and "Come Out and Play", songs that heated people up. After that, they told us that was their first time in Colombia and Dexter said: "Yo creo que Bogota es de puta madre!!" (I think that Bogota is fcking great!), Noodles drank some "Club Colombia" beer and Atom set the tempo to start "Hit That", a hit song all around the world.

As usual, Greg Took out his glow-hob bass guitar and played "Bad Habit" with an excellent sing along by the audience.

I Think the most powerful speed-song was Da hui with a kick ass and fast down-picking bass riff intro followed by Atom's snare . Everybody jumped and sang along with the guys. The human waves were unstoppable.

The audience response couldn't be greater, You could have seen it when Atom started playing Americana, making the crowd feel the bass drum beat right in their chest. Later they took a rest, (as a matter of fact, they never stop playing, so great musicians!!!) and played a cover song, something a punk band always do, this time the turn was for "Blitzkrieg Bop" from The Ramones. It sounded great, strong and catchy.
    Inmediately, they played "Head Around You" a song they couldn't leave behind, they let the crowd calm down, said goodbye and finished with "Self Steem", no one could ask for a better ending.

The complete setlist was:

1.Neocon
    2.The Noose
    3.All I Want
    4.Come Out and Play
    5.Hit That
    6.Long Way Home
    7.Gone Away
    8.The Worst Hangover Ever
    9.Have You Ever
    10.Bad Habit
    11.Spare Me The Details
    12.Gotta Get Away
    13.Want You Bad
    14.Da Hui
    15.Why Don't You Get a Job?
    16.Americana
    17.Staring at the Sun
    18.The Kids Aren't Alright
    19.Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)
    20.Blitzkrieg Bop
    21.(Can't Get my) Head Around You
    22.Self Esteem

Maybe "Long Way Home" came first than "Hit That" but You know, I was having the time of my life there.

Anyway, I know these guys are very good but I never imagined the show would be that great, they sound solid, strong and agressive. If you have the chance to go to any of their concerts, go, you don't wanna miss it.

Thanks to The Offspring and the crew, I hope they come back soon on their next tour after they play in Panama, (they promised to come back 'cause they cancelled) they know here in South America and in Colombia they have lots of fans waiting to see them again.

i`d never heared the things that happened there in colombia but i see that was really awesome just like here
    Regrets A Memories No Remorse No Apologgies No Reason For Me To Desapear
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ick/NewDex.jpg

3. Default

Glad you got to see a great show Thanks for the review, I love reading offspring concert reviews It reminds me off the good time I had when I went

~mandy~
    "I'm just a sucker with no self-esteem!"
    Jake's Offspring Site

http://jakesoffspring.com

Dave's Offspring Page:

http://listen.to/offspring

Dave's Offspring Board:

http://dvzoffspringbbs.proboards44.com
    Hi, I'm Mandy Moo

Default Bogota Setlist

Hi everybody

THE SETLIST THAT YOU POSTED ARE OK, THE ORDER IS GOOD, THERE IS NO CONFUSIONS, NO MISTAKES..

THANKS FOR THIS SETLIST, I WANTED IT, BUT NEXT TO HIT THAT, I DONT REMEMBER THE ORDER, BUT NOW I GOT IT,

THANKS,

EVERYBODY SHOULD ROCKS

WOWWW
    THEY PLAYED HERE IN ARGENTINA, 3 WEEKS AGO, BUT ONLY IN AFESTIVAL SOO..IT WAS REALLY SHORT!!! HOWEVER IT WAS GREAT!!!!