Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I did an offspring cover, come here if you care to listen..

Manic subsidal Guest

Default I did an offspring cover, come here if you care to listen..

www.myspace.com/jimt

The song is All I want.

I'm not in a band or anything, I just recorded each part and then mixed it together. This is the first time I've ever recorded an actual full song and I'm not really much of a guitar player either (main instrument is saxophone) but I would say I did alright on this recording. I really like playing the guitar and I'm thinking about taking lessons, but I kind of just like figuring stuff out my own.

Anyways, let me know what you think. What are some ways I can improve my playing and crap like that. Thanks for checking out my music.

That's pretty good, better than what I can do, cuz I'm no singer. Did you play the drums for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    If two guys loving Offspring together is wrong, I don't want anything to be right.

amazing vocals.

you used a drum machine

Pretty good.

Manic subsidal Guest

I'm surprised that a lot of you liked my vocals. I tried recording the vocals like 5 times or so until I finally got an ok recording and then I was like ok my voice hurts now, I'm done for today =P

Yeah, I used a drum machine though, if it weren't for that, I'd totally be off the tempo and everything. I don't play the drums really, my neighbor once let us store his drumset in our basement before but now he's taken it back, so I just use that drum machine I have. I also have fruityloops and I'm trying to come up with some stuff with that but fruityloops is WAY too confusing for me. I'm not the type of person who reads the manuals for everything, I just try to figure it out myself but when it comes to fruityloops... I can't

Anyways, like it says in my myspace bio, I'll be recording Jennifer Lost The War soon, so I'll let you guys know when I'm done with that. Even though I'm going to be focusing more on recording my own songs after I record Jennifer Lost The War, I still want to do some more offspring stuff cause their songs kick so much ass and are fun to play.

That was pretty good dude. It sounded a bit weird at first because I was comparing Dexter's voice to your voice and it kinda made me laugh. Not that I'm saying you have a bad voice, it's cool, seriously.

that would have sounded a lot better with a bass in there...
    But other than that, it was really good.

has anyone seen the "Ding Fries are done" video?
    Shut Up and Take it like a man......

Manic subsidal Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tle_punk
    That was pretty good dude. It sounded a bit weird at first because I was comparing Dexter's voice to your voice and it kinda made me laugh. Not that I'm saying you have a bad voice, it's cool, seriously.
    You laughed? I am totally offended by that ..Ha just kidding.

Well I can't play bass at all. There's an instrument that I CAN'T teach myself to play. I don't know, I guess I'm just not that good at hitting the strings with my fingers. However, I think the song sounds ok without a bass, but I'm pretty sure the next Offspring song I'm doing, Jennifer Lost The War, is going to need one. I haven't recorded vocals for it yet but when I do, I have a feeling the song is still gonna sound a little incomplete. Offspring's really old stuff sounds awesome but is hard to play for sure.

I like that you played both instruments, that takes skills. I can 1/2 play drums at like slow speeds only by watching my brother. I play guitar, though.