Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My new song 'Code Blue'

Default My new song 'Code Blue'

I put this together in a few hours with only my PC (so I did it myself, but i put it on my bands site), my guitar/amp and fruityloops and cool edit pro.

It's kind of a slower rock song. a few solos. a few really good rhythm bits, which are hard to hear coz of my shit setup.

The first minute is boring, (needs some vocals, or a good lead guitar part), but after that it kinda picks up with a few solish parts.

The drum parts are pretty reasonable, for loops anyway.

I probably spent the most time re-recording the very final solo, even though its only short I didn't think it sounded very interesting (i still don't think it's that good).

This is an early verson of the final song. I'm still tossing up the idea of getting a vocalist to help me out with some lyrics. It would be cool to make it one of those songs that has like 7 lines of vocals and the rest guitar. But thats a long way away.

I think the qualitys pretty good, considering its drum loops (good quality but kind of 'septic') and a computer mike shoved infront of my amp (the amps line out sounds ****e without a DI box.

Here's the link to listen/download Code Blue:
    http://www.purevolume.com/thedisleksiks

and no, I have no idea why i called it code blue...

isnīt Code Blue a TSOL song? Which IS mentioned on the Offspring website..
    My YouTube channel
    http://www.youtube.com/Youthenergy
    Check out some of my artwork Here.

i dont know/dont care

the link wont be working yet, but the new site is www.purevolume.com/carefactorzero

and im changing the name of the song.

How did you record it? the drums are from a drum computer right? The hi-hat is too digital, but doesn't matter.

I like it =) guitars sound nice, what amp do you have?

shoved a PC mic infront of my Hughes & Kettner 60 Watt Amp. The drums are from a program called fruity loops, which lets you make your own loops.

rythm guitar sounds quite cool. The lead bit is quite boring. Solos are simple, and the 2nd one needs recorded again; the tremelo picking needs worked on. But it's got character. Keep working on it.

I think its really good, especially considering the drums were done on the PC and stuff. Nice work

Manic subsidal Guest

I really like it. Guitars sound great. Reminds me of that riff in Race against myself.