Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need a new amp! help!

Default I need a new amp! help!

I need a new amp, but i don't have much money. The amp is for my band's. could you give me advise about good amp's so i can test them at a shop.

how about giving us more info so we know what you want?

is it a big band (do you play small gigs or large ones?)?
    what kind of amp are you looking for (combo, stack?)?
    do you have any brand preference?
    do you have any idea what your looking for?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnholyNightbringer
    Damn, she found me out. All I do is post on these forums and eat cheese in various forms.

Noez.

Quote Originally Posted by neocon58
    how about giving us more info so we know what you want?

is it a big band (do you play small gigs or large ones?)?
    what kind of amp are you looking for (combo, stack?)?
    do you have any brand preference?
    do you have any idea what your looking for?
    Well we just started so we play small gigs.
    A stack is big so i decided to buy a combo.
    I don't have a preference.
    euhm, this is a hard question . okay i googled for some amps and i thought about something like this: Randall G2 Series RG200G2 200w Combo.
    But i don't know if it's any good. If i have some advise i can test amps and check their sound.

If you can afford the Randall, get it. It's the best amp you'll get for that price. It's solid-state, no tubes. But it sounds like a tube amp.

I have the Randall RH100 full-stack (two cabinets + 100watt top). the sound is fucking great for such a "low" price.

Oh yeah, if you're looking at Marshall (just because it's MARSHALL). skip the MG and Valvestate series. They both sound like crap against that Randall.

thx! i experienced the bad sound with a marshall mg, thats my current amp 15 watts of crap! . i think the expensive marshall's sound good. I am planning to test the randall this week.

Default Marshall

Yupp, Marshall MGs sound like crap.But I have a Valvestate VS100, and the best marshalls don't sound much better than it, I've tested a few .But if you want a really cool sound, buy a Mesa recto, but first win the lottery, so you can buy one for me as well .I've tried a randall combo too...well...uhm ...I didn't really like it...it may be good for metal, but not for punk rock.

Then it's a good amp for me
    We are going to make metal like dream theater and metallica.

If you're wanting a nice sized gigging amp with a small budget, get the peavey bandit 112. You'll get an excellent sound from it. Although it is a common amp.

Quote Originally Posted by GregG
    Yupp, Marshall MGs sound like crap.But I have a Valvestate VS100, and the best marshalls don't sound much better than it, I've tested a few .But if you want a really cool sound, buy a Mesa recto, but first win the lottery, so you can buy one for me as well .I've tried a randall combo too...well...uhm ...I didn't really like it...it may be good for metal, but not for punk rock.
    it's great for punkrock, but you gotta use the green-distortion, not the red. Also, put a lot of middle in the equalisation. It can sound like shit, depents on you configure it.