Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What guitar effects does The Offspring use?

Default What guitar effects does The Offspring use?

I know there are alot of people out there that love to play Offspring on the Guitar but cant get that Offspring sound, well maybe some on this site can help me? I love ot play and learn Offspring songs but I can never get the right sound i need, what effects or combination of guitar effect or what effect pedals do they use for a majority of there songs. If you could tell me this i would very much be in great thanks to you.

Cynic

On almost every song they use a distortion pedal. Usually they use the distortion built into there amps, but unless you are rich you won't be able to afford them. But on there record gear list they say they use an Ibanez Tubescreamer Overdrive pedal, which is basicly the exact same thing as distortion. That would be this pedal,http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...se_pid/150284/ . That is an extemely awesome pedal!

They also use some Flanger pedal on songs when they play them live, like The mini solo's on Come Out And Play, and the mini solo's on Gone away, maybe a few others too that I cant think of offhand. This one should do the job quite well if you want to buy one, http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...se_pid/150032/ .

If you have anymore questions just ask.

not to be off the topic but it says on your information you are from wisconsin, what part of wisconsin, im asking cause im from wisconsin too....

Wow never met a Wisconsinite on this board before. Im about 45 mins south west of madison. Basicly a big huge shithole.

OMG, what town

South Wayne, About 10 mins from Monroe

Fall River, its is about 2 mins from columbus and 20 mins from sun prairie

Sweet. Did you go to the Chicago Offspring show in May?

Oh I wanted to so bad, my friend and I were going to go but he turned to a sell out and like smashed all his offspring stuff so i had some issues i had to deal with from him but i wanted to go so bad

Default Offspring Tone

I am pretty sure they are using a Marshall JCM800 2204
    They may use a delay and or Chorus. I don't think they use a distortion pedal. Honestly most people who can spend more than 50 bucks on an amp wont use any overdrive pedal or dist. pedal. Example. Zack Wylde endorses a Zack Wylde overdrive pedal. MDX are you kidding? He uses Active EMG pickups, the hottest pick ups ever and a JCM 800. Some great sounding amps if you arel looking for this tone Marshall JCM 800, JCM 2000, Bogner Ubershall, Bogner Ecstasy Classic, VHT Pittbull, Bogner Shiva, Mesa Boogie Road King, single, dual, or tripple rectifier, Marshall Plexi ( Weezer )
    If you want to hear the Bogner Ubershall, listen to Stone Sours CD or Slipknot
    A lot of people in these bands endorse pedals pedals and more pedals. They get paid to advertise products that average people can afford. I spent the first 4 years of playing guitar buying all this pedal junk to get there sound, bottom line, You may get the sound in your bedroom, but try being on stage and turning it up past 3. It will sound like crap. If you want a good amp tone, get a Paul Reed Smith 3 grand, a Bogner Ecstasy 4 grand, and a Fulltone Choraflange 4 hundred bucks and a nice 4 twelve vintage 30 cabinet.
    These guys will actually put the stuff they endorse on stage and have the real stuff mentioned above behing the scenes. Best advice, learn to play really really good. Spend the money on lessons instead of gear for now. Get into a band and start making about 500 bucks a week in spening cash and get some kick but gear. I wish I had all the money I spent on stupid gear.
    Now I have been playing 19 years, play in a cover band and have all the cool gear. The biggest thing you'll notice with crappy gear especially solid state digital stuff is that it sound compressed and loses it's tone at high volumes.
    I play through VHT Pittbull, Bogner and Marshall JCM Slash. I have Fender american strats, Shecter Classic Antique amber, Fulltone overdrive, Fulltone wahh, Fulltone Choraflange Boss DD6, Fender Telecaster and George L cables. That will give you all the tone you will ever need.

Rock on.