Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Green Day - American Idiot

Possibly Green Day's best album. "forever immortialized with the other greatest Rock N' Roll albums of all time" is going too far though. It won't be talked about any more than Dookie or Nimrod are now.

Dookie is timeless in a sense that it was "the record" to own when the mainstream punk explosion happened, and of course, it's great. It's like Gun's N' Roses "Appetite for Destruction" in some ways. :P Nimrod is good, but yes.. odds are that one won't be talked about much.

American Idiot on the other hand is great, and the fact that it came out in during the political climate we were under, played a part in it's awesomeness. It was also a fanastic production, it has a storyline, it provokes thought, it's more than an album, it's an experience. It's a journey. There are tons of solo's and lyrically, it's very good.

I dunno, just my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Another Pilot Down: The Artwork of George Gonzalez
    website | blog | facebook | twitter | deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by SuperKnux

American Idiot on the other hand is great, and the fact that it came out in during the political climate we were under, played a part in it's awesomeness.
    Or maybe Green Day was jumping on the bandwagon of bush-haters, I dunno, to sell records of something.
    _____..____.......____....._______
    ./..___/..\__..\.../......\...| _....__ \.
    .\___.\..../.__.\.|..Y.Y.|...\..|.....\/.
    /____. >.(___ |/__|_|. \ /__|.........
    ........\/........\/.........\/................

Great album.

I live in Hodonín. Itīs town in the Czech Republic

I donīt know too much Green Day. My friend gave me on summer this year MP3, where were all the albums except "American Idiot". I listened to the first four albums. They are great. On september they released "American Idiot". I received it and listened to it. I like only 3 or 4 songs from it. I think that itīs different than songs on the first four albums. I know some songs from Nimrod and Warning and I like them, because itīs their style like albums before, but "American Idiot" is slow. Itīs not their style. Their songs were fast. I like Green Day but American Idiot is not as good as it could be.

I think Warning is their worst album ever. I think they thought the same thing because in American Idiot they are playing the same way they did before Warning. That is the sound of greenday and the sound that sells. American Idiot got great songs in my opinion, and they have proven that they can still make good punk-rock.

Im not exited about American Idiot. I prefer Green Day when they had albums like Dookie and Insomniac.

I just bought American idiot today (listening to it now). I think it's pretty wicked. I haven't heard much Green Day stuff before but I really like em now.

I think the story ruined it. It wasnt even a good storyline.

well, wat can ya say? ppl have differ tastes in musics, that's all. Green Day will forever rule in my opinion in punk music, and i meant punk in general not in specifics, American Idiot is good, REAL good, but 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours was, is, and always will be to me, the best album they have out. 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours has their earliest stuff, real spunky and up and just basically the real punk stuff is on it. At The Library and Don't Leave Me are my fav songs off of it, which are the 1st 2 songs on that album. and so wat if they hate bush too? basically everybody does, and besides, word like maybe almost 2 years ago was that they were gonna make a new record around this year neway so they're not on a bandwagon, and even if it is, they picked the right one becuz they stayed true to it, and American Idiot wasn't all politics in the album, I Don't Care taken in from Jesus Of Suburbia is my muthafuckin' anthem, along with Tales From Another Broken Home.