Page 51 of 263 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: last movie i saw

BREAK Guest

Hamlet (1996)

A noble effort, but very difficult to make it through. If it weren't for some great performances (particularly Lemmon's and Heston's), it'd be unrecommendable.

zoooomg jake. where (and how) you been?

and well, uh, movies?

silent hill - absolutely terrifying and gross and almost made me throw up. it was seriously fucked up, but damn, whoever came up with the creatures was pretty imaginative. nice special effects. but damn, creepyness.

hostel - really really gross. also nearly vomit material. christ. cool explanation of the things that happened, though.

session 9 - mindnumbingly boring and convoluted.

When I'm good, I'm very, very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better.

BREAK Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny
    zoooomg jake. where (and how) you been?
    I don't know. Wanna talk?

BREAK Guest

Hamlet (1991)

Cramlet.

The Seventh Seal

Evocative and awe-inspiring, yes, but also a hell of a lot of fun to watch. I really doubt the existence of true atheism in the Middle Ages, though.

And Now For Something Completely Different

The "fresh fruit" and "I'm a lumberjack" routines are classic, but the gags that fall flat(which are decidedly the majority here) really stink it up.

Better Off Dead

Some nice absurdist moments marred by a formulaic plot and one of the worst 80's soundtracks of all time.

I Confess

Impeccably directed, impressively dark, takes on the absurdities of the justice system and the church all at once. Montgomery Clift rules ass.

The Lady Eve

Screwball at its screwiest, suspending all disbelief to its breaking point. I was pretty bummed when it got all serious in the 2nd half, but Fonda's pratfalls were fantastic.

wedding crashers 10/10
    i loved it
    Livexlovexburnxdie

Mission: Impossible III

This is one hell of a quality fun entertaining action film. Flamboyantly made with over the top plot ideas and physics-defying stunts.

I absolutely loved it.

My action movie rating of 9/10.

You're serious?
    I would spread the cloths under your feet: but I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

I must stress that the score I gave it was judged on it's success as a fun action film. As an action film it gets 9/10; but as a standalone film it'll get about 6/10.

You get me?

Ok, good. Because I don't know a single person that actually WANTS to go see it.
    I would spread the cloths under your feet: but I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

I was a little apprehensive at first, but it's a very watchable film, great to see if you want some mindless action.